- Fitness equipment is installed around the park. This was funded by a Lottery “Community Spaces” grant and the Local Assembly and we hope that people will really enjoy using it to improve their fitness. It provides opportunities to improve upper and lower body strength and work on balance and core body muscles. Our next plan is to get fitness trainers offering regular sessions for park users and provide online and printed fitness training ideas. Watch this space! There is a link provided to NHS podcasts for park fitness ideas
- Outdoor gym equipment situated by the multi-sports and tennis courts offer a range of mechanised stations for fitness work.
- Local football teams play regularly
- A cricket square is available for junior cricket teams. This was funded by the local Assembly and funding from L and Q Housing Association has enabled us to install cricket nets.
- Healthy Walks group
- Nature’s Gym and Rivers and People, volunteer sessions (link to website)
- Green Chain walk (link to website)